Saturday, January 12, 2013

ANUPAM KHER’S HOLLYWOOD FILM GETS 8 OSCAR NOMINATIONS!

 
It is a proud moment for actor Anupam Kher. His Hollywood film, Silver Linings Playbook has got eight Oscar nominations. Directed by David O Russell, the film stars Robert De Niro, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawerence, Jacki Weaver and Kher. “This is the biggest moment of my life. As an Indian actor I feel rewarded for my 30 years of contribution in cinema. I am glad to have worked with the fabulous cast and crew of Silver Linings Playbook. David O Russell is undoubtedly a brilliant filmmaker and he has proved it again. A major part of me as an actor feels satiated today!”says a very visibly happy Kher.
“Being a part of a story as beautifully and subtly told as SLP is a satisfactory experience on its own. I was blown with the screenplay itself and being a part of such a wonderful cast and crew and being directed by David is a thrill in itself. It being nominated for Oscars makes me proud of the fact that I get to share the excitement with a cast and crew as spectacular as that of SLP and of course being someone who got the opportunity to contribute to the whole process by doing what I enjoy most. Exciting!” says Kher. Oscars will take place in Los Angeles on February 24th, 2013.
Kher in SLP plays the role of Dr Patel. SLP’s cast has also been nominated for 19th Screen Actors Guild Awards which will be held in Los Angeles on January 27th, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment